Besides an extra set of doors, the five-door Thar could also get additional features.
• The five-door version is likely to launch in 2022-23.
• It should have a longer wheelbase, a spacious second row, and a bigger boot.
• Will use the same powertrains as the three-door version, albeit in a higher state of tune.
• A 2WD drivetrain option could be offered as well.
• Expect the upcoming Thar to sell at a premium over the existing model.
Other than that, it is likely to be kitted with a longer list of features in comparison to the existing model and will thus also demand a higher premium. Mechanically, it is likely to remain identical to the existing car. Expect it to employ the same 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol and 2.2-litre turbo diesel engines along with either a 6-speed manual gearbox or a 6-speed automatic transmission.